What is Whole Body Cryotherapy?
Whole Body Cryotherapy is a treatment that creates very low temperatures using liquid nitrogen. When the body receives these signals, it uses the blood to protect the vital organs. When you step out of the chamber, the dramatic change in temperature cause a “Cold Shock” effect which uses oxygen enriched blood to improve tissue function and regulate your metabolism.
Whole Body Cryotherapy utilizes a chamber which fills with liquid nitrogen to lower the patients exterior temperature to 30 – 32°F. The temperature in the chamber is around -274°F. This technology provides a natural, safe, non-invasive way to maximize sports and fitness performance, decrease pain and inflammation, and promote health and wellness.
Olympians and professional athletes in the NBA, NFL, and NHL are some of the biggest endorsers of cryotherapy, as its whole body benefits have given cryotherapy astounding popularity.
BENEFITS OF CRYOTHERAPY
The reported benefits of cryotherapy include maximizing athletic performance, reducing pain and inflammation from injury, faster recovery and overall beauty, health and wellness. Read more below to see how the advanced cold therapy technology of cryotherapy may benefit you!
The intense, repetitive training and high level competition elite athletes pursue often produce chronic and acute injuries. One of the reported effects is afterward you get increased blood flow, helping to clean out lactic acid from muscles, leaving you with feeling a boost in energy and improved athletic performance.
Cryotherapy is also recommended pre-workout because of the increase in energy, vitality and boosted metabolic rate. This makes cryotherapy perfect for using before a workout or a sporting event as it can increase performance and post game recovery. Reported sports benefits include:
- Increased Energy
- Increase in Muscle Strength
- Peak Athletic Performance
- Allows Greater Intensity and Higher Volume of Training
- Decrease lactic acid and therefore decrease muscle soreness
The top layers of the skin react to the cold and send a message to the brain that acts as a stimulant to all the regulatory functions of the body. This produces a review of all areas which may not be working to their fullest potential. Reported health benefits include:
- Decreases Fatigue
- Quicker Surgical Recovery
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
- Treatment of Fibromyalgia
- Treatment of Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Pain Sensitivity Reduced
- Treatment of Acute Sports Injuries
- Treatment of Inflammation of the Tendons, Bursa and Joint Capsules
- Treatment of Multiple types of Arthritic Conditions
Relieve Pain & Reduce Inflammation
Whole Body Cryotherapy can improve your health, decrease your pain, decrease swelling, and lead to a reduction in your medication due to your body’s natural healing responses. In addition to all the other health benefits, cryotherapy has reported benefits of pain relief and reduction of inflammation including:
- Decreases Muscle Soreness
- Decreases Injury Recovery Time
- Improvement in Joint Function
- Overall Quicker Return to Training
- Reduces DOMS (Delay Onset Muscle Soreness)
- Reduction in the Regeneration Phase
- Reduction of Post Traumatic Treatment
- Boost Lymph and Blood Circulation to Drain Away Toxins
Cryotherapy has gained a reputation for providing benefits beyond sports training. It may improve health and appearance by:
- Cellulite Reduction
- Slows the aging process
- Accelerates Metabolism (burn up to 800 calories per session)
- Stronger, fuller hair
- Fewer Skin Blemishes
- Increased Collagen Production
- Tighter, healthier skin
- Stronger Nails
- Weight Management
- Aids Cellular Survival
- Activates Natural Biological Regeneration